CAN EECCA is a network of climate NGOs in Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, and Central Asia. Our members include 60 non-governmental organizations from 11 countries working on climate change issues. We are part of the world’s largest international network, Climate Action Network, which has over 1500 member organizations worldwide.
We are working to ensure that the civil society of the region is strong and organized, that the EECCA countries implement policies leading to climate neutrality and a green economy, and that there is coherence between the first and second processes based on climate justice. Our network is not registered and operates thanks to our network members.
Social Media Manager position is 80% employment (30 hours per week).
Period: March 2024 to December 2024 (with the possibility of contract extension).
We are looking for you if you:
- Reside in Kyrgyzstan, have a taxpayer identification number (INN) in Kyrgyzstan, or are ready to obtain it upon arrival in the country
- Have experience in climate change communication
- Have experience in social media (Facebook, Telegram, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Launch successful targeting campaigns and know how to effectively plan the budget for promotion
- Can conduct domain analysis for joint collaborations with other organizations
- Can create high-quality visual materials (photos and videos)
- Easily find the main idea in expert texts, write about complex issues in a simple and clear, but not primitive way
- Can organize your work online, have experience of working with a team with members in different countries
- Have basic WordPress skills to update the CAN EECCA website
- Proficient in English and Russian for competent written and verbal communication
- Interested in learning how the network of climate organizations operates and in getting to know our members.
Core responsibilities of the Social Media Manager:
- Plan the development strategy of all CAN EECCA social media depending on the target audience and objectives
- Publish relevant climate news on social networks
- Launch successful campaigns and collaborations with organizations
- Generate new ideas to engage new audiences
- Conduct in-depth analyses for social media outreach
- Update information on the network’s website in a timely manner as requested
- Edit videos for social networks
- Participate in national, regional and global climate events, representing the network’s interests and building relationships with other communicators
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Social Media Manager Vacancy” by February 15, 2024 the following documents:
- A resume in Russian or English
- A motivational letter summarising your experience and expectations of working with us
- Two contacts of people you have already worked with for reference
Application preliminary timeline:
- February 15-19: Review of applications and sending interview invitations to suitable candidates.
- February 20-21: Interviews
- February 26 – March 1: Start of work for the new Social Media Manager.