Climate Action Network in the region of Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia unites more than 40 civil society organisations from 11 countries that work with the topic of climate change. We are part of the largest international Climate Action Network with more than 1900 NGOs worldwide.
Our mission is to support, strengthen and develop civil society organisations in the EECCA region in their ability to influence the development and implementation of climate policies that lead to a climate-neutral and more equitable future.
The EECCA region often falls out of the global focus due to political instability, corruption and repressed media. We are working to consolidate and promote the priorities of civil society organisations in the EECCA region on an international level. We need a person who will become our “voice”.
We are looking for you if you:
- Reside in Kyrgyzstan, have a TIN in Kyrgyzstan or are ready to apply for one
- Have experience in climate change communication or climate activism. Established contacts with journalists working on the topic will be a big plus
- You are able to write engaging texts, analyse information, select the most important, come up with catchy headlines and in general – text is your thing
- Know how to use tools like Mailchimp, Sendpulse or are ready to figure it out with our help
- Fluent in Russian and English (at least B2). Knowledge of other languages of the EECCA region is welcome
- Familiar with experts in the topics the network is working on (climate policy, energy, sustainable cities, mobility, clean air, adaptation, activism) and willing to meet new ones
- Interested in the work of civil society organisations, want to help them become stronger and communicate more professionally
- Get along well with people of different ages, backgrounds and status, and can build long-term trusting working relationships
- Communicate with people online effectively and efficiently, write competent and clear letters, know how to get a response and not to be perceived as annoying
- Have experience in running projects and working in a team online, you are not afraid of remote work and a team located in different countries
Key tasks of the Communications Coordinator:
- Review the 2023 communications strategy and coordinate its implementation
- Create a weekly digest of CAN EECCA news in Russian and English (from news search to increase of subscriber base)
- Create and distribute press releases for large and significant events (4-7 per year)
- Translate small texts (news, press releases from Russian into English and vice versa)
- Initiate or write materials for the caneecca.org website upon request
- Monitor the communication activity of the network members and help them in their development (either personally or through trainings)
- Represent the region at meetings of the international CAN communicators group
- Contribute to the development of the EECCA communicators’ network
- Enrich the base of journalists by establishing new contacts from the countries of the region, connect them with members and experts of the network.
- Take a responsible approach to work, taking into account the remote format, give feedback in time, be in touch with the team during working hours.
What you will get working at CAN EECCA:
- A competitive salary for the NGO sector
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge and contacts at the level of the EECCA region and worldwide
- Deeper knowledge about national and international climate policy processes
- Opportunity to represent CAN EECCA at climate conferences, regional events and partners meetings
- Flexible work schedule of 4 days a week
- A supportive team where feedback, development and transparency are valued
- Experience working with diverse civil society organisations from across the region, with a unique perspective on their challenges and solutions
- Opportunity to strengthen the communication skills of activists and journalists in the EECCA region
How to apply for the position:
Only two documents need to be sent in order to be considered for the position:
- CV in English
- Motivation letter in a separate file (minimum 5-6 sentences) where you briefly describe your interest in the position and attach links to 3-5 communication materials, preferably on climate and energy, that you have created or posted online in the last 6-12 months.
All emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Coordinator Vacancy” by 20 August 2023 inclusive.
Applications sent after this deadline will not be considered valid. Interviews with final candidates will take place between 23rd and 24th of August. The first work day will be September 1st 2023.