CAN EECCA is a network of climate NGOs in Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, and Central Asia. Our members include 60 non-governmental organizations from 11 countries working on climate change issues. We are part of the world’s largest international network, Climate Action Network, which has over 1500 member organizations worldwide.
We are working to ensure that the civil society of the region is strong and organized, that the EECCA countries implement policies leading to climate neutrality and a green economy, and that there is coherence between the first and second processes based on climate justice. Our network is not registered and operates thanks to our network members.
The Project Manager position is 80% employment (30 hours per week).
Period: March 2024 to December 2024 (with the possibility of contract extension).
We are looking for you if you:
- Position is remote, but the candidate should have a taxpayer identification number (INN) in Kyrgyzstan, or are ready to obtain it upon arrival in the country.
- Want to strengthen the expert potential of civil society organisations and activists in the EECCA region
- Able to take responsibility and work effectively online
- Have experience in managing project documentation.
- Can communicate effectively and professionally.
- Detail-oriented, ensuring no need for others to proofread documents and tables.
- Proficient in English and Russian for competent written and verbal communication.
- Have experience organizing online events on Zoom.
- Can organize your work online, have access to a stable internet connection, and a working computer.
- Interested in learning how the network of climate organizations operates and in getting to know our members.
Core responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Organize the process of distributing mini-grants to CAN EECCA network members, from collecting applications to drafting contracts and collecting reports.
- Maintain communication between mini-grant participants and other network formats, involving them in the network’s overall work.
- Coordinate the “Climate Dialogues” project.
- Organize online and offline events for network members and partners.
- Participate in climate events at the national, regional, and global levels, representing the network’s interests and establishing connections with partners.
- Take part in the process of preparing the annual climate policy overview.
- Be responsible for project reporting.
- Assist network coordinator with documentation, including writing letters and official communications.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Project Manager Vacancy” by February 15, 2024 the following documents:
- A resume in Russian or English
- A motivational letter summarising your experience and expectations of working with us
- Two contacts of people you have already worked with for reference
Application preliminary timeline:
- February 15-19: Review of applications and sending interview invitations to suitable candidates.
- February 20-21: Interviews
- February 26 – March 1: Start of work for the new Project Manager