Discussion with experts “Crimes against the environment during the war”
March 29, Tuesday, 11:00 (EEST)
ZOOM Meeting (link is sent after registration)
Visit an online- discussion with experts on “Crimes against the environment during the war”, which will take place on March 29 at 11:00 am in ZOOM. All participants will be able to ask their questions to the experts in the second part of the event. The event will be held on the platform of the Ukrinform.
Topics That Will Be Covered:
- Why is it important to collect evidence of the crimes against the environment during the war?
- A month of war: the first conclusions on the war crimes against the environment on the territory of Ukraine.
- Analysis of the situation at the territories of the nature reserve fund — what awaits nature after the war.
- Explanation to the process of collecting evidence of the crimes against the environment and intro to the SaveEcoBot tools that allow recording crimes as well as vies data on fires and radiation pollution in real-time.
- Roman Shakhmatenko, Deputy Minister of environmental protection of Ukraine.
- Yevgenia Zasiadko, Head of the Climate Department at NGO Ecoaction.
- Oleksiy Vasyliuk, Head of the Ukrainian Environmental Protection Group NGO.
- Iryna Chernysh, Head of the SaveDnipro NGO.
Moderator: Oleksii Pogorelov, President of the Ukrainian Media Business Association, Member of the Commission on Journalism Ethics.
We invite Ukrainian and foreign journalists to join the event. Simultaneous translation into English will be provided. The working language of the discussion — Ukrainian.
Journalists will be able to ask questions online through ZOOM.
Accreditation of media representatives: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accreditation will last until 10:00 on March 29, to confirm you need to specify the name, surname, title of the publication, after which you will have access to the link to the event in Zoom.
The event will be broadcast on Ukrinform’s YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/UkrinformTV