Climate Action Network (CAN) in Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia (EECCA) is looking for an organiser (part-time) to join our team in 2021 within the cooperation project with Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES).
We are planning to have a series of workshops (online, hybrid, and possibly offline) on climate advocacy in the EECCA countries to help CSOs and activists strengthen their campaigns vis à vis political decision makers and media representatives.
The project will go from February till December 2021 with the possibility to prolong the contract.
We are looking for a highly motivated person who has previously worked on the topic of the climate crisis and is eager to join the CAN EECCA team.
We are looking for you if you want to:
- Be responsible for the whole process of conceptualization, preparation, execution and evaluation of the series of advocacy trainings
- Communicate with the speakers and the participants of the training in a timely and effective manner
- Collect the materials from the trainings into guidelines which would be helpful for those not able to participate
- Work closely with CAN EECCA secretariat and have regular communication with the network’s members
The organiser should:
- Be based in the EECCA region
- Have experience with and a broad understanding of the field of climate policies and campaigning
- Have a great command in written and spoken Russian and English, write well-structured letters
- Be able to oversee complex processes taking place at the same time and be well-organised
This is a part-time position (20 hours per week) with the opportunity for each of the EECCA countries to apply. Considering this, please provide the desired range for your honorarium per month.
Please send your CV, brief motivational letter and a desired salary range to CAN EECCA via email@example.com until January 28 22:00 GMT.
The applications sent after the deadline will not be considered valid. The interviews with the final candidates will be held in the first week of February.